Gary Brode of Deep Knowledge Investing and Robb Fahrion of Flying V Group discuss the 5 Things to Know in Investing This Week: The Government and Consumer Big Spending Issue
This week, we’ll address the following topics:
– Holiday sales up big. Consumer rejects recession forecasts.
– Market pundits have been predicting a coming recession for the last year and a half. Why hasn’t it happened? We explain.
– GDP: More government statistics that are lies.
– Personal Consumption Expenditures (PCE) down. Is inflation over?
– Miriam Adelson sells $2B of $LVS stock to buy a stake in the Dallas Mavericks. Ready for a new week of excess government and consumer spending? Let’s dive in: